Parker will be six months old next week. People have always said to us, "Enjoy it. It goes by too fast." I think you can try to understand what they are saying - but when you are actually in PARENT shoes you really do see what they mean. It's like the blink of an eye and Parker is already rolling, grabbing (everything!), babbling, standing, scooting, and doing so many other fun things. He is definitely in the "fun" stage now, and it is so awesome to see his little personality emerge.
My parents are headed here right now for the weekend. It will be great to see them and we know they can't wait to see the little guy! This weekend I also turn THIRTY. I guess age doesn't really matter - but it's weird to look back and think that I started college almost TWELVE years ago. Yikes! The 20's for me seems like a blur - where did they go? Lots of fun times packed into the last 10 years for sure. I look back and think that God sure is creative and humorous in the way He does things sometimes...for instance, I never would've imagined these things for my life:
-that I would meet my HUSBAND online...ha!! He's a good steal!! :)
-that he would be from the smallest state ever - Delaware
-that I would actually end up living in Delaware for two years
-that we would move to Atlanta, Georgia (it's been neat to experience Midwest living, East coast life, and now Southern life!)
-that we would currently have a new child in our home (we kept saying "Oh we just aren't ready yet..." but God had other plans, and we are so thankful that He intervened because I don't think we ever would've come to a place where we felt prepared for this adventure called parenthood!)
Here's some fun pics...trying to catch up! I feel like we take so many pictures of Parker - and it's neat to look back and see how quickly he has changed before our eyes! Enjoying these sweet moments...

1 comment:
Oh. How. I. Miss. YOU <3
Post a Comment