
Isn't it so awesome how powerful our sense of smell really is? It is amazing how we can forget things - distinct memories - and then as soon as we smell something - BAM - we remember! Perhaps it is that I'm pregnant and my sense of smell is hyper sensitive right now - but I've been remembering many things lately as I smell the world around me! I went for a walk at the park today, and I smelled this: a charcoal grill. Instantly I was reminded of being on the lake in our family's boat. We would park our boat in the water along the channel at the beach of Lake Michigan and drag all of our stuff to the sand - including a charcoal grill! The smell of the grill comforts me - reminding me of family and lots of fun times! It also reminds me of the summers spent at Girl Scout day camp - making lots of tinfoil dinners.
The other day I stopped into Hobby Lobby (LOVE that place!) and I went to use the restroom (seems to be a more common occurrence these days) and a sweet "grandma" looking lady was in there - immediately I smelled her perfume. It reminded me of my great Grandma - she wore this cheap Walgreens perfume that we bought her every year. I imagine that she had about twenty bottles of it sitting in her dresser at the senior living center. Emeraude was the name. When I smelled the "grandma" smell it also reminded me of all of the sweet little old ladies serving us snacks and helping us with crafts during the many summers I spent at Vacation Bible School.
What about you? Does this ever happen to you!?

1 comment:
Yes! I'm a "smelly person" ;-)
I picked out cologne for Paul to wear for our wedding & He picked out perfume for me. Now every time we use it, it brings us back to our wedding. =)
Post a Comment